Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Siblings.

Happy Tuesday, reader's! You know what? I think it is my one month anniversary for this blog.

Anyway, today's topic is family. A few weeks ago I wrote about Parenthood, today I would like to talk about brothers and sisters. Like I have allready mentioned, I have 5 younger siblings, whom I love dearly as I am sure you , my readers do if you have siblings.

In the course of 40 close to 41 years I have encountered alot of sibling's and just to a degree watched how they interact. And what I have noticed is that it is no different than my relationships with brothers and sisters. Some of them get along quite well. Others do not.

I once knew of 3 sisters, ok, they were my grandmother and two of my great aunts, my grandmother's sisters. For awhile they didnt speak for years. I dont know why, wasn't my business to ask, but I do recall the day my grandma got the call from one of them. They were on the phone for hours. I guess time does heal wounds.

They have been close ever since and its been over 20 years.

But however, there is a down side to having siblings. One is when they visit and decide whats your's is their's and what is their's is still theirs, you just better keep your hands off of it. Interesting concept. They come to your house and say "hey bro, this is nice" Your responce is " yes it is , now put it back. It's not there for people to play with". It would be great if they would listen and do what you asked.

Over the weekend my grandma and I had relatives over. House full of people. It was fun for the most part but I could see the effect that it had on my grandmother. It isn't like she doesn't love them, she does, but what she doesnt like, is the mess they make and how loud my nieces and nephews can get.

Once again, to a degree, my privacy was invaded. They used my shower and didnt put stuff back. It took me over an hour just to find my tooth paiste because, I guess one of them ran out.

But what can you do? It really isnt't an issue, its just things that get to you and probably get to them as well.


As I write this two of my sisters kids are still here. I can hear them. Its nice to watch the rivalary/friendship of these two.

One film that comes to mind about siblings is Woody Allen's masterpiece "Hannah And Her Sister's" Released in 1986 it explains the complexities of sisterhood. To who is struggling with life issues to one of the sister's having an affair with the other's husband. All in all it is a great film and I would recommend it for anyone.


I'll close with this: My grandmothers sisters. One has since past away due to illness, the other is in an advanced stage of altzheimers. My grandmother still loves them and misses them. Brother's and sister's. Age doesnt make a difference. You're there for them. They are there for you.

d....well, you get it by now.