Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Best Film Experiance

Happy Wednesday, my reader's.

Here's a shocker for all of you, Wednesday's blog topic: What is the best film experiance you have had in a theather? Come on, everyone has to have one. That is something I simply will not take no for answer on.

Ok,can't think of one off the top of your head. That's fine. I'll come back to those of you later in the blog.

I think one the best theather experiance has to be when I saw Steven Speilberg's "Schindler's List". I was in San Fransisco visting my cousin around the time the movie came out and of course every one was talking about it, so, my cousin, Clint and I went. I remember it was playing in a theather that had a balcony to it. I had only been to a few balcony type cinemas b4 so that in it self was a treat. The view we had of the film was also quite good. Once again, due to the balcony seating.

Second one would be when I was about 9 or 10 years old and seeing Star Wars 'The Empire Strikes Back' I remember I saw it twice on the same weekend.

The "Space" shots really got to me. The 'Death Star'sequences, Luke Skywalker find ing out who his father was. Splended backgrounds. The theather screen it self made the experiance even more delightful. Beats the first time I saw the film.

That was at a drive-in. They dont have too many of them anymore. For those of you reading who might not know what a drive-in theather is or your country doesn't have them, let me explain briefly. Drive in theathers got their start I would say around the 1950's. The object. To see a movie with the whole family in the comfort of your vehicle. Little speaker that fit on to your window that you had to tune to a radio station to get the sound of the picture you paid for.

Good idea, huh?

Not in my opinion. Here's why.

for starters, that speaker thing didnt work half the time, so you would see the movie, but with no sound.

than you would have your distractions, like various cars in the way, noise from fellow movie goer's.

Worst part about a drive in theather is the safety. I can not recall any violence ever happening at any drive in I ever went to, but thats wasn't what I was trying to say. Safety as you didnt know what you were walking into.

Now, since this was out side and at night, alot of people if they had them would take their children, thinking at some point they will fall asleeep so here they are in their pajamas, ready for bed, with one exception. They're barefoot, so either walking from the facilitys or to the consession stand you didnt know what you would walk into and I lost count of how many people I saw who got glass in the soles of their feet because it wasn't cleaned all that well. Including myself.

But, I digress.

So, who ever took me to see the 'Empire' I thank you. You gave me an experiance that I have not forgotten.

Now...back to those people that don't have a theather experiance..... You're with holding information and that isn't good.


There are 3 movies I would recommend for you. One, is "Schindler's List" Deals with the Holocaust and one mans quest to save thousand s of Jewish people from slaughter during Hitler's reign. (speaking of the holocaust, I will have a blog about that some time soon.)

Second movie would be the musical "Grease" Great film, good singing by John Travolta who at that time was in his acting prime thank's to a small television show called 'Welcome Back, Kotter'. I only add it becauae there is a scene of a drive in theather if any of you still dont quite get the concept. (wasn't the best idea in the world, I grant you)

and than the third film is Star Wars "The Empire Strikes Back" Great film about a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.


David.

PS:If you still don't get the concept of a drive in theather, think of the closeing credits to the Flinstones where Fred's car turns over due to Dino. It was at a drive in. Well, sort of.