Sunday, June 6, 2010

San Diego, California.... And Why I Like, Forgive Me,Love It

Happy Sunday, y'all.

Recently I was asked why I loved San Diego, California they way I do. And for those of you who maybe wondering, I am not there right now as I write this.

Wish I was though.

I would have to start by giving you a little of the full story.

My grandparents took me and my younger brother's to the San Diego zoo and to Sea World a little over 20 years ago. We didn't stay at a hotel, cause my grandfather thought it was a 2 hour drive, we could do it and be back home at a reasonable hour. Alot of people do that. What I remember about both the Zoo and Sea World, was the scenery of the city. Don't get me wrong, from what I remember, I had a decent time at both parks and learned alot of things about its animals. I mean, lets face it, that's why you go to Establishments like that. To learn. The quote UN quote "good time" happens naturally.

So, anyway, I'm there just looking around at all of the trees, enjoying the cool breeze in the air,etc. When I got back home, the trip to San Diego was still fresh not only on my mind, but on one of my brothers as well, as I heard him telling some friends of his about the trip. One Reason

Second reason and you may laugh a little at this one. I am sure you are fully aware of the fact that I like movies and a little bit of television, but another thing that interest me about television is the different types of programing they have either in different parts of a state or even the state i was living. At the time I was in a suburb of Los Angeles called Downey. More on that in a later blog. So, there would be times if the waves in the electricity in air was, I don't know how to describe it, wasn't so busy, I could get stations from San Diego on my TV. Which was interesting because some times they would air shows that LA county TV station did not get. I found it interesting.

Years later when I was in my late 20's I went to an event with some friends of mine called Promise Keeper's, that year, for southern California anyway, it was held in San Diego. I remember sitting in the seats of what was then called Jack Murphy Stadium, now called Quallcom and once again, just looking around. You couldn't help but to do that, the city looked so beautiful. I had told a friend of one of my friends I was with that I wouldn't mind living here at some point. He responded, with he knew what I meant.

About 2 weeks ago I went back to San Diego for a business opportunity, and every morning from where I was staying I couldn't help but to take a look around and once again be amazed by how it looked. Hills of houses. Palm trees blowing.Aha, I can still take it all in from where I am at currently.

So, I hope that explains it a little.

Have a good Sunday, my reader's.

d.....out