Saturday, June 5, 2010

Reality?.... Really?

OK, forgive me, my reader's for the lame title. I am having writer's block issues. I can't think of an interesting blog for today and I don't want to waist your time on nonsense. (well, guess its a little late for that!)


Well wait...... Its coming to me. Ah, there it is. An idea for today's blog.


Thursday night I was watching television and something occurred to me. I need to clear out my DVR unit. I had recorded so much stuff half of which, and I'll be honest here, I was never going to watch. So, I cleaned it out. Now I have much more space for recording. Hopefully what I record I will eventually get around to watching.

I am not really a big fan of alot of things that are on television today. I can't stand some of the pointless teen oriented drama's or the re hash of an old TV series being revived just because its considered a cult classic. When I do watch television it is programs I have seen before. Now, granted, they get boring after awhile. Especially after having seeing them so many times you can recite the dialog

One thing I cannot stand is reality television. Some of the most pointless and mind numbing crap on television today.

And it is sin full too if you ever stop to think about it.

the bachelor or the bachlorette: one guy or one woman having mini affairs with 20 or more other people just to see if they are compatible and sort of like Goldie Locks if you will he or she chooses who they think is just right.

Does it last? No, not all the time. Perhaps once or twice, but not all of them

I have never been married so perhaps I shouldn't say ,well write this, but that is not how you find your spouse. I am sure it is safe to say that when you started dating or now wife or husband you didn't say to yourself, "well there are 19 other people I can choose from cause something tells me he/she isn't the one. If your boyfriend or girlfriend knew you were doing that, your relationship would be over be fore it begun.

Than to make matter's worse, you hear about it a day or two later on the evening news or on talk shows. "Did you watch this show? did you watch that show? do you think they have a chance at being together or winning a talent competition?"

Its pointless. Just shut - up and get a life and stop worrying about other people's.

Not every reality show on television is bad. They're are some that actually have a good point to them and their not just talking about an over the hill celebrity who cant seem to get anything better than their own reality program

I am particularly fond of a reality show about a family of Little People living in the state of Oregon. Good show.


Well, once again thanks for reading. I will see you again in about 24 hours.


Drmeier