Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's Just A Joke!!

'Ello,'ello, all my reader's good to see you again. Before I get started on todays topic I would like to ask one thing. Just one thing. Should I bring back the 'IF's? If you have forgotten or if you are new to 'FPTF' the 'IF's w as something I was doing just about every Friday, I would ask a question, and people would leave comments. I thought about bringing it back. It has been awhile since I have done one. So, what ya think?


During the end of the summer when I took a little time away from the blog (actually, a computer issue, I needed a new one) I thought about what topics I might want to write here. Some of them, I must admit were controversial at best and I thought, I didn't want to offend anybody. Although, I must also say one thing I have not done is be completely rude and write every nasty thing I can think of and use foul language to describe it. I think I have only done that once and it was just one word.

So, I thought about it after I got my new computer and after talking with a friend he mentioned something that I have not forgot. This is my blog and I can write about what ever I want and if no one likes it, well than thats how it is.

So with that in mind.... if this blog topic for today offends you in any way shape or form... you might want to think about leaving... or better yet, please stay, I would like you to read on. I think I have a point to make.

In either September or October of 2007 I was watching a cable channel called HBO (Home Box Office) and they had this hour in a half documentary about this joke that s supposed to be the dirtiest joke ever told. Don't leave. I am not going to tell it.

When I heard it, I was shocked, I was not expecting it to be as shocking as it was. The joke is called "The Aristocrats" and basically the story of it goes a little like this: A family of entertainer's goes to audition for a producer, the producer goes 'ok, what do you got.....?' It takes a twisted turn from there. The joke is told in a story and depending upon who is telling it, it can take up to twenty to thirty minutes to tell it. That is, if you have the stomach for it. I'll put it to you this way, if you are a parent, you would NOT and I repeat NOT want to hear it, because it can get graphic and involve children. I am serious.

There are clean versions of the joke, depending on the comic that tells it, but if you like your jokes raunchy there is two version, a racist and a sexual one. My advice is to stay away from it entirely. If you hear the sexist version, if you have kids and take your love and caring for them seriously, avoid the joke.

The thing that shocked me most about it, was in this documentary, there were very well know comics who I know have kids. Here is my point. Why would you tell a joke that bad and still say I am a parent and I care for my kid (or kids). This subject IS NOT SOMETHING TO JOKE ABOUT!! I am sure you see where I am going with this. But, still these comics and audience's in comedy clubs seem to think nothing of it and they laugh it off when they get home.Well, Like a famous singer/song writer once wrote, people are people. They are going to amaze you by the stuff they like.

Its your call, you can go on to any video search engine on the world wide web and listen for your self. I would strongly suggest that you don't because I am in no way shape or form condoning 'the aristocrats'.

But, it is after all, your life.

d...out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment