Monday, January 17, 2011

I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant

I know I had said (wrote) yesterday that I had a blog topic already in mind for today. I did, but than I realized I needed to do a little more research on it before I could write it. I also made a slight error when I said this guy was a friend of mine. In actuality, he wasn't, but I consider it a blessing meeting the man. You're find out who it is in a couple of days.

I know this title may sound a bit misleading. Some of you may even joke and say, 'gee, I didn't know this David guy could get pregnant when males can't do that'. Funny. I assure you I am not nor is my girlfriend or wife. All though I have stated before I am not currently in a relationship. But, I digress.

I had heard about this show on cable television entitled " I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" basically about women who are pregnant but for what ever the reason didn't realize it. Now, I am not going to comment on how I think that it is impossible for a woman not to know that, well at least not yet.

I recently saw the show and I have to admit it gave me something to think about: One, that with all of the diseases in the world, there are alot that are unknown. If someone was to say to you they have a very rare form of disease that you possibly have never heard of, you might call them liars and say it's absurd.

I can't recall when I saw this but I was watching a television talk show and a woman and her child were the guest on it. The child, apparently had this rare form of disease that made it impossible to feel human touch. I am not making this up. I do not recall the name of it, but once again, it is rare. I guess, from what I remember if you were to tap this kid on his shoulder, apparently the child could not feel it.

I remember thinking, there is no way that could happen. I never researched it to actually see if it was true, but it did get me to thinking that medical science can be baffling even to the most experienced of people.

So, perhaps these women that have experienced this phenomena, I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

But here is my question and it is point number two:
How can or how could this happen? For starter's a woman has to know she had sex to even get pregnant. There has only been one woman in recorded history that didn't have sex with a man to have her first child. And to this day it still remains a mystery to some.

Now, I know, I know you're going to say, what about in vitro and such things? I'll say it again: the woman would still remember it.

For any woman reading this or any father reading this it is safe to say you remember the day you found out you were expecting a child. That is, if you have had children. But for the women reading this that have, like I just wrote it is safe to say you remember the day you found out. I might go one step further and say that it wasn't in a doctors office as your water is breaking and you had absolutely no clue.

Even men who will be reading this, you have had to remember the day your wife or girlfriend said to you she was expecting.

So, I'll say (write) it again. How can a woman not know that she did the deed that got her pregnant? Another thing that could be a possibility and I have heard this from various women is that after sex, they would take a pregnancy test. I think what they are taking the test for is that they might feel after sex that they may be expecting. Apparently, the women in the episode I saw, didn't take a test,cause they didn't think they were expecting.

So, in closing, I'll repeat myself. Medical science can be a strange thing to comprehend and after you hear about it, it might make you wonder.
So for any woman or women that may read this blog entry that might have experienced something like this, I am not criticizing you.

I just find it a bit hard to believe. But, than again, I'm a guy.

David.