Thursday, January 20, 2011

American Idol

Hey, everyone, how is it going? I hope all my reader's are well. Well, folks, its that time of year again, thankfully, it only happens once a year. Yep, It's American Idol time. Now, I am sure it is no secret that most of you know my feeling about reality shows. I think you're in for a little bit of a surprise when I say (write) that I am going to give 'Idol' a little bit of credit.

I said a little. One thing anyone has to admit too like it or not is that show works. The winner's do receive an album contract and they go on to live the lives they have always dreamed about. These winner's (if you care for their music)also have their share of fans. I have yet to watch an American Idol episode in its entirety and I have no immediate plans to start watching one, but from what I have seen, I have to give credit where credit is due.

Simon Cowell, don't really care for him, but I will say this about him: With what I do know about him and his experience in the music business, maybe you do (or did) need some one who was going to be hard on these would be singer's. Some of them, or maybe alot of them just wont take no for an answer when they're told they can't sing. So, to that degree, Cowell's got it right.

Now it's time to ruffle some feather's of American Idol fans (or at least the ones that might read this blog)

The name of the show: It clearly states in The Bible,Exodus chapter 20 verse 4: "You shall not worship any Idols before me". You would be surprised of the number of people that think the sun rises and sets out of some of these winner's.

Another thing: People tend to make a joke out of it (can't say I blame them). The audition process of the show is hilarious. Once again you either get people that are going to make fun of the show by trying to sing badly or they embarrassed them selves by thinking they can sing. On national television. Way to go.

I don't need to go on national television to make a fool of my self. I do a fine job of that on my own.

you, my reader's may disagree with what I am going to write, but I think it will illustrate my point. I think all of us can sing. We have the capability's of speaking and to some degree singing is a little like talking. The object of it is sounding good when we do it. Some are good, some are not. I think you get the gist. I am not going to make this a diatribe of who I like in music and who I do not like. Maybe at another time, but not now.

There are tons of musicians who can sing, but you may not be fans of them so you might say they can't.

So, like it or not American Idol is back for another season.


I could care less. I have other more important things to do with my time.


D.... out.

PS:Tomorrow, yes, you read this correctly, I said (wrote) tomorrow the long awaited researched blog..... John Wimber & The Vineyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment