Friday, July 16, 2010

Television

Ok, Reader's this is not the blog topic I had in mimd for this friday's IF, but I am in California at my sister's house because her car broke down and she needs a ride back to Arizona for one of our nieces birthday. So, instead, a little something to tide you over till Saturday.

Has Television lost its way? Did they ever have it right to start with? Some would say yes that tv has lost its way over the last 30 years, while other's would probably say no.

One thing is for sure. You're not watching 'Leave It To Beaver' or even'I Love Lucy' any more. The clean cut american family is missing from Television's landscape.

Pointless reality shows. Lame talk shows of the most disgusting people in America ( or your respective country)

and shows that deal with teen pregnacys or alcahol issues and think nothing of it.

For me,personally, I avoid alot of those programs. When I watch television its usually to either watch a movie on a movie channell (complete shock, I know) or if there is an old '70's or '80's show that happens to be on. The only time I might watch something newer is in the fall when there are new television shows starting. Some are good and other's aren't

I have heard of a family in Canada that have only 3 television channels and if they watch tv it's usally a dvd of a classic show.

Can't go wrong there.

Untill the first (and quite possibly)last Saturday IF, please stay off the bacony. The theater crew still haven't repaired it

d.....out