Friday, July 9, 2010

Starstruck

OK, after a 2 week hiatus, guess what's back? If you are thinking me, David, well, you're right I am here, but I have not been gone for 2 weeks like......wait for it....... Interactive Fridays!! Did you miss it?

Well, miss it no more. Its back and well rested.

Here is what I want to ask you this Friday: Have you ever been star struck?
What I mean is have you ever came across and actor or an actress or even a musician that you went like, "wow' there he or she is!" That happened to me this week a little.

This past week I was in California for the July Th weekend and I went to a concert for a band that I like and, what I didn't expect is that I would be meeting the band. The band is called Kutless. They're Christian rock band. Anyway, prior to the concert, on the drive down with a close friend of mine named Donald, if he would have asked me (he didn't) what I was expecting from this concert, the last thing I would have said was meeting the band.

I'll admit it, I got a bit star struck. One of my fave bands and here I am talking to them. I'll have to admit, it felt good to do it and I thank God He allowed it to have happened, but at the same time I felt like I made a fool of my self. Two reasons why I think that. One: is because I had told them I had driven from Arizona to see them, and second: This is a Christian band and all though they have their fans, where does the line get drawn between fans of a Christian band & making it Idol worship, which is one of the 10 Commandments? I wouldn't say I did that, but I am wondering what the difference would be.

Around late 2003, prior to moving to Arizona, I saw another Christian band called 'Five Iron Frenzy' and if memory serves me correctly 'FIF' were on their final tour. I think they were going to break up.

Anyway, I had bought a T-shirt from the band and all of them signed it, except one of them. He had, said, he doesn't mind signing autographs, but he had a personal limit on what he would and wouldn't sign. T-shirts was one of them.

Maybe to an extent, to this guy it was a form of Idolatry. I can understand that.

Lastly, I will tell you, my reader's one more quick story.

I have been in shopping malls and just going about my business, when I glance over to another part of the mall and I think I notice some one familiar to me. Turns out it was an actor or an actress from a TV show or movie. Some of them were not all that known. It has been so long I have forgotten their names and the television shows they were one. But, it can happen. It was nothing I had planned. I didn't look at any actors schedule for their day and say"OK, this actor is going to be shopping here"

I have told this story to people before and they didn't believe it.

I once saw actress Diane Keaton in a mall in Orange County, California. I didn't talk to her, but I saw her. Great actress.

Now, it's your turn: Have you, my dear reader's ever been star struck by an actor or actress that you might have come in contact with?


David