Wednesday, February 16, 2011

You Looking For A Fight?

If you read 'from paper to film' yesterday, you know by now I talked about guns. Today, I would like to further the discussion with violence.

Everybody knows that there are alot of people in this world that like violence for violence sake. They just go looking for it. I have never been able to figure this out. Possibly they want to show off their strength and look cool by saying or thinking that they can beat some one up weather or not they deserve it.

Interesting Hypothesis. Beating someone up just because you think they deserve it. How can these people know this? Do they have some form of ESP that lets them in to a persons mind and say "Ah, there he/she is, they're just looking for a fight. Its impossible. All these people want to do is show off.

If the world, ( for those that have seen the film) has learned anything from The original "Karate Kid" is that if you know how to fight,martial arts or etc it is only supposed to be used for defense purposes only. Not go to show off and say " I am stronger than you and I can beat you up". I wouldn't doubt it, but here is the thing: I have not given you reason to want to do that. If you are just telling me this for any kind of future reference, I'll keep it in mind, but for now, I don't think a demonstration is really important.

If only people realized that. If you recall a few blogs ago, I had mentioned that I like pro wrestling. Now, here I am writing to you that I do not like violence. As I also wrote in that blog,its all staged. If these wrestler's went around strutting their strength they would be in jail.


picture this: a vacant school yard late on a sunday night. You can see fog forming on the grass of the yard and the temperature drop. Two adults, both in their early 20's are walking. One adult looks to the other and says, 'you know you really messed up'. The other adult, not quite getting the point asked what does he mean, the other, demonstrates this by beating up the other guy till other people come and break it. The victim doesn't see this coming but regardless, can't fight back. Later, he does look to retaliate, but thinks, whats the point, it isn't going to solve any thing.

And he is right, it wouldn't have. My point is, if you have ever been in a fight that you lose, some times, I guess this would depend on the person, but you want to find a way to get even. Which in turn makes it worse.

Its really unfortunate that people that do get in fights don't seem to realize this.

I quote Rodney King: Can't We all just get along"?

David.

No comments:

Post a Comment