Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hallelujah Glory

This, my reader's may sound to some like I am gloating of what has happened with me personally over the last year and a half. I don't think it is. I think I am praising God for both the high points and the low points of over 365 days. Give or take. This may surprise most of you because you may not know it, and for those that do or did before now, thanks and much love for hanging in there with me.

I'll start from the beginning.

In November of 2009 I was attending a church that I became a member of perhaps in 2008. I loved the Church. I felt that what God was doing there was Awesome in the amount of time the church had been around. Up to that point it was about a year. I'll say it again, I loved going. Trouble was, few people wanted me there. I found this out the hard way when the senior pastor called me at home and asked if I could come down to his office. I knew what he wanted because he had did this before, and every time he had, he accused me of doing something I never did in the first place. He accused me of stalking. Yes, I said stalking. Never did it and I can prove it. But, by this time I had had enough of it (it had been going on for about year or so) and when I went to his office and he told me I was out of the church, I was relieved.

I was angry, I'll admit. I sent some e-mails to people I thought were my friends expressing my disappointment, which now looking back on it probably wasn't the wise thing to do, because I don't know if they were really responsible for my being asked to leave. I have it on good authority and very reliable source that the pastor of the church which is called Journey, is a liar. Many people were asked to leave under false pretenses.

Flash forward about three months later February,2010 I take a little time away from Arizona to clear my head over the journey thing and I reacquainted myself with old friends at a church in Anaheim, California. It was awesome seeing these people again. I think the old saying is true, you never know how much you miss someone till you see them again.

Late April, early May of 2010 I am driving on a Wednesday morning on a heavy congested (traffic) freeway on my way to downtown Los Angeles and I remember two things about that drive. One, I was reflecting on the last couple of months and the second being a little nervous about meeting some people who I had never met in person before. I'll be honest, a part of me wanted to get off the highway and turn back because I wasn't sure if I was ready for this and a little concerned over how I left things at home. Prior to leaving on that trip, had got into an argument with some family and well, I wasn't feeling great about it.

So, The meeting with my friends went better than I had thought it would and after we had parted company with the plan to meet up again with in the next couple of days, I take a drive back to this church in Anaheim. (If you are thinking John Wimber's church, The Vineyard, you would be correct)

Later on that evening , I went to a Bible study where I just broke down and cried for the first time in a long time. The Journey situation,how I left things at home, all that. It felt good. It felt real good.

What I have come to realize is that I am blessed in many ways I probably don't deserve, and I can't take it for granted. I have loving friends. A loving and very supportive family, and I owe it all to Jesus. Is my life perfect. No. But, with all the things that have happened between now at this very moment to all of the things last year, I can only thank and Bless The Lord. I have a very optimistic outlook for 2011 and I honestly feel its going to be an awesome year.

Since the journey fiasco, I have yet to feel comfortible in a Kingman, Ariozna church. Many sundays I have not gone at all, because I thought whats the point, I am just going to get back stabbed again. Only one church I really feel comfortible and at home at is the Anaheim Vineyard. Guess my sundays are going to be pretty busy with all that driving.

Thanks for reading.

D....out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment