Monday, May 3, 2010

Let Me Ask You This......

Greeting's reader's. My apologys for the blog being late today, but I was busy with other things. Hope your Monday is going well for you.


Today I think I want to be a little interactive. I would like you to answer one of my questions. Nothing too personal. And its not a political or a religious question. The question I pose is this: When you were growing up and thought about what career you wanted to have, are you doing it?

If you're not. Thats fine. I dont think the percentage is all that high. I think you know what I mean. When you're young, a child and you tell your parents" mom,dad, this is what I want to be when I grow up" Did you do it? Are you living that dream? Like I said, I dont think the percentage is in a high number.

If you are, than good for you. The pastor of a Presbyterian church in California I was once a member of, I had heard from some one, another friend of mine that when the pastor was about 7 years of age, he gave his life to Jesus and said he was going to be a minister. At first I have to admit I didnt believe it. But than I thought about it and I said, 'wow'.7 years old. That's impressive. The guy has since retired but I still think it's impressive.


I made reference to an actor who I call a friend. I am not going to devalge his age nor what movies or television shows he has done, nor will I give you his name. At least not right now. When he is known and becomes a house hold name that people every where are talking about then I will say "Oh, yeah I know him well". It would be up to my friend to confirm or denie it. But, I digress.

I only bring him up again because at a young age he knew what he wanted to be. Now, he has about give or take 5 films to his credit and a couple television appearences. But, he knew what he wanted to do and his parents stood by him and are still standing by him in his decision to purse acting.

Like I had previously mentioned, I wanted to be a film maker because I loved the art form so much. I think I was about 15 when I knew I wanted to pursue. I didn't accomplish the goal. Things happen and it is quite a tough feild to get into. I have to admit, I dont miss it. The screenplay I wrote, like I said in my introduction, I dont know what is going to happen with it. People have read it and they like it, but once again, film making is not the easiest feild to get into.

So, once again, I will ask.... are you doing it? Are you living the dream?


One film comes to mind when I think about career goals in acting or singing, etc.
The movie is called "Fame" I think it was originally released in 1980. Possibly 1979. There is a recent remake of the film, but I have not seen it and one thing I try to stay away from is critiging a film I have not seen. I have seen the first film how ever and it shows the up and downs of how it is to break in to a busniess like acting singing or otherwise. I am sure you can find both the orginal and the remake in your local video store.

David