Sunday, May 30, 2010

Bring On The Dancing Horses

Good Monday to you all. I think I am going to get some what personal today. Let you, my reader's know something about me.


It is no secret that I like films. I allways have. I have also like using my imagination to create stories. I find it fascinating and at the same time helpful if you are dealing with issues that might cause stress.


I have had a couple storys in my mind about various topics and one day I just decided,'ok, here is this story you have. Write it down. Doesnt really matter how far you might get with it, the point is you have done something you have allways wanted to do and that is write a script."

Enter "Bring On The Dancing Horses." I can't give you the whole story nor can I give you lines from it. What I can tell you is how I thought of it.

First of all the title. Yeah, I know It sounds like a fantasy 'Lord Of The Rings' perhaps or in that stile, but I assure you it is not. I got the title from an '80's band that I like called Echo And The Bunnymen. Took me a long time to think of it as well. How I came up with it was I en visioned the song playing at the closing end of the movie and every other title I had thought of was either too long or just didnt fit for a film title.

The story is loosely based on my high school experiance. I say looesly because not everything in the script happened when I was in school. Some did, some didn't. But that is the magic of writing. You can add true stuff if you choose and you can just make things up as you go along. I did that as well.

For example. Five of the main character's, freshmen in their first year of high school are cross country/ track and feild runners. I ran both when I was a freshmen. Enjoyed it.

the not so true, 'just made it up as I went along' is a story line that deals with a character in a band he doesnt like being in. I once knew (and still know) of a drummer who did play in a few bands, but I wasn't really one of his closet friends so I dont know whether he liked it or not.

I think I have the basis for a good story. I have been told by people that have read the script that they loved it.

I guess that will be the opinion of the theather audience that sees it. All I can say is thank you in advance for seeing it.

drm