Saturday, December 24, 2011

Forgivness. It's Good Thing.

I have to get something off my chest, I have a facebook friend who I used to go to school with back in the '80's. Some how between then and now we lost contact with one another. It was only recently within the last year, year in a half maybe that we found each other again and it's good.
but here's the thing, when my facebook friend and I were in school I was angry at him. It's not important why, but I remember being so resentful over something he had done that I felt if I never saw him again it would be too soon.

Flash forward to late 2009 possibly early 2010 and said person and I are friends. I have not seen him face to face yet because we both live in different states, but if the oppertunity ever did present it self, I would be up for seeing him again. The question is though, who would have thought that after 20 plus years that this guy who I thought I destested, would become a friend again?

Answer: God

We all have, and I think we have to admit this people that we need to forgive, whether it's something that you said or something that you did.

And vice versa

Why do we forgive one, because God cammands and second you do feel better once it's done.

When I was a child I had met some people that I found were not the most friendly people on the planet. I found out when they did something I didn't like. It took me almost 17 years to forgive them. I remember It wasn't easy, but I am happy that I did it and I do feel better about my self and I think I feel I am even a stronger Christian for forgiving the person.


Forgivness can be hard at times. A friend or even a parent can be so creul that it haunts you and you can't bring yourself to do it.

Been there.

But, once again, it wasn't easy, but thank's to the Grace of God and His love that I was able to do it.

Now, don't get me wrong, there are shall I say sensitive issues of why a person doesn't want or simply can't forgive who ever they need to. I feel that's valid. Life can be tough. Or is tough.

I can't speak for these people nor will I try to, they have their reasons and it's between them and the God they serve.

I just pray it's the same God I serve and one day He will make them see how powerful forgiving someone can be.

I will conclude with two things: One, and mind you I didn't always have this point of view, it took a long time to get here, but, here goes.

With my facebook friend, I can recall what he did and just how bad I thought it was, but if Jesus Christ can be on a Cross with nails in his hands and feet and still have the courage to say " Father, forgive them for they know not what they do" why can't I do the same thing for something considerbly less than that?

Once again, forgivness isn't always easy, sometimes it can be that hardest thing you'll ever do, but once it's done, you'll feel a 1000% better.

And, Mike, if you read this, doesn't matter what it was, it's water under the bridge and I am Glad God worked it out. I hope we remain friends.